Virabhadrasana is not only a great photo op but Warrior 3 has a multitude of potential benefits if you are ready for a challenge in balance and strength.
1. Strengthens the legs, arms, back and core muscles.
2. Works the small muscles of the feet and ankles.
3. Improves balance and focus.
4. Teaches body awareness as you learn to adjust your own position in space.
5. Aligns spine and helps to sharpen focus
1. Let there be a slight bend in the knee. Over locking or tensing the knee could lead to injury.
2. Try to keep your hips level, the top hip will tend to lift up, focus your toes down towards the ground as you flex the foot to help square the hips.
3. Allow your drishti or focus to gaze on one spot which will help you to stabilize.
Virabhadrasana III, no matter how wobbly at first allows you to dig deep into your warrior spirit, preserve, and emerge even stronger.