In the recent years we're learning more and more that western medicine might not have all the answers, especially when it comes to emotional wellbeing. We understand there is a time and place for everything and everybody is different in what they need, but before you go popping pills why not try some all-natural alternatives? Our bodies are intelligent and with the right amount of effort, we can thrive.
1. Meditation- Set aside some time first thing in the morning to get your OM on. Find a quiet, comfortable place to sit down, tune into your breath, now sit with that focus. Start with 2 minutes a day and build from there. This practice has the potential to boost you into the ever so calm rockstar you truly are.
2. Copaiba- What we like to call Liquid zen in a bottle and a personal daily essential of my own; Copaiba essential oil is derived from the resin of the copaiba tree, which can grow upwards of more than 100 feet and can be found in tropical South America. Similar to Black Pepper, it can help soothe anxious feelings and, when taken internally, supports a healthy immune and cardiovascular system. (Purchase Here.)
3. Dancing- that's right Stella, get your groove on. When we dance our brain releases endorphins, hormones which can trigger neurotransmitters that create a feeling of comfort, relaxation, fun and power. Science even says dancing keeps you younger, so go on now do the hustle!
4. Magnesium- Did you know a lot of anxiety actually equates to a lack of magnesium? Getting to the root of our issues is the best thing we can possibly do for our personal health. If you do have a tendency to lean toward the anxious side then try taking Magnesium Citrate, you can find it at your local health food store.
5. Listen to Euphonious Chants- Music can be one of the best ways to reduce stress. Science says that Native American. Indian, and Celtic Instrumental music has the ability to reduce stress and tension from the mind. There is a plethora of spiritual, trance, and meditation music online as well.